Friday, November 7, 2014

Baking

I have been baking a lot lately. Except for the clean up, and of course the cost of the ingredients, there aren't many negatives to baking. It is fun to try new recipes, and bake new things. The quality of the dessert is always way better than if you bought it in a store. Homemade cookies compared to store bought? Not even a competition.

I had leftover pumpkin and some rotting bananas and I thought...well why can't they go together!? I threw in some raisins and walnuts and it became a wonderful spice bread. When it came out of the oven warm and tastey, all the prep and clean up was worth it.

Baking can be very soothing. You are creating something, first off, and secondly...every single person you let try some will love you.

1 comment:

  1. I want a piece of nanama pkin bread! I guess I will have to wait:(

    Dad

    ReplyDelete